So delicious! Love love love it! I didn’t have ground beef, so I used ground turkey. I will definitely make it again. Next, drain off the excess fat from the ground beef. For instance you could simply add in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to the pot, or possibly bacon drippings, butter or coconut oil, or you could simply enjoy half of an avocado along with your bowl of soup, which I think would be a great addition. Meanwhile, blend … I did have a can of rotel, tomatoes and green chiles, so I through those in instead. Sure! Image credit goes to Low Carb Yum. Add the chopped onions. Cook on medium-high, breaking the meat apart with a wooden spatula, until crumbled for 7-8 minutes. Thanks! Pingback: Top 15 Keto Friendly Soup Recipes to Warm Your Body | Jeremy Life. The best pat…my little ones enjoyed it as well. Hi Amanda, it yields 12 one cup servings. Cabbage Soup on the Stovetop: 1) Heat a large nonstick pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add … Pingback: 46 Low Carb and Keto Crock Pot Recipes - MealPrepify, Pingback: 15 Easy Keto Ground Beef Recipes - Low Carb Ground Beef Recipes. They added a perfect amount of spice. It is easy to cook and takes little time. i personally prefer overcooked cabbage for this soup, instead of crunchy , 5 grams total carbs – 1 gram fiber = 4 grams net carbs, Pingback: 17 Best Keto Soups for Your Low Carb Kick - TheEatDown.com. Will be a quick go to for sure! Just make sure you make it with ground beef for the extra fat and protein. Cook the onions until they start to become translucent. So easy, I cooked the stovetop method! Just follow the same directions, but use different seasoning. If you’ve heard that cabbage soup is good for weight loss, it might be due to the the fad diet known as the “Cabbage Soup Diet.” Essentially, this is a restrictive diet which involves eating cabbage soup as the primary food for a week. You’ll want to use green cabbage for this recipe. Instructions. Make this chicken vegetable recipe for the entire family to enjoy over lunch or dinner. I also, wait for it…had to use beef broth and beef stock (gasp! If you love this recipe, please rate it! Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. The spices were perfect. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic to your Dutch oven and cook on medium until onions begin to turn clear. This happens to the best of us! Silly question but do you drain the beef? Cover and let it simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes or until veggies are tender. Cook on medium-high, breaking the meat apart with a wooden spatula, until crumbled for 7-8 minutes. We used chicken stock, but If you’re trying to make this vegetarian-friendly, all you have to do is swap out the chicken stock with vegetable stock. I’d say 4 hours on high or 6 on low heat. So glad to hear that you liked it! In a large stock pot (add avocado oil if using lean meat) cook ground beef breaking up meat as it's cooking with cumin, salt, coriander, garlic powder, and chili powder (optional). One of the hardest parts of eating healthy is making sure that you use up all that fresh produce! This creamy cabbage casserole is a rich recipe. the ranch, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Add garlic, ground beef, salt and pepper. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Cook the beef until no longer pink (5 minutes). Add garlic, cumin, cabbage, bouillon cubes, Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies, and water to the … Can I post a picture somewhere?. While cabbage is nutritious and low-calorie, it doesn’t have a ton of flavor of its own. You may want to use Italian Seasoning or even taco seasoning, depending on what you like. I loved your basic recipe. How to Make Keto Cabbage Soup Pack it with low carb, non-starchy veggies. Your email address will not be published. This stuff is delicious! Serve this cabbage soup with a slice of this amazing Keto Cornbread  from Cassidy’s Craveable Creations. Learn how your comment data is processed. Keto Cabbage Soup Recipe – very quick and easy to make, nutritious and delicious soup made with cabbage, ground beef and tomatoes. This dish is luscious with a cream mixture. tried this soup and i love it. I’d say it was about 16 bowls! Can i use polish sausage & still be keto? Add the onion and garlic and sauté until they turn transparent. Add … This soup is soooo good! Add carrots and celery and cook a couple minutes until they begin to soften. It is up to you if you decide to use it, it will taste delicious, but probably won’t have sufficient amount of fat for Keto. My husband loves it as well. It really hit the spot for a good big bowl of soup. I am on my 5th batch in 3 weeks! Thanks so much!! ☺️. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Let slow cook for 20 minutes. Feel better! Having a solid list of soup options is essential for any healthy lifestyle. Thanks to fresh vegetables, this soup is very rich in vitamins. 21 Healthy Easy Keto Soup Recipes For Your Weight Loss! How to Make Low Carb Cabbage Soup Add olive oil, onions, and garlic to pan. Instead of ground beef, I use bulk sausage. It can easily be made into a keto cabbage soup by omitting the peas and carrots and adding other veggies like broccoli, asparagus, and or zucchini. Loved this recipe. Mix ingredients thoroughly and bring to a boil over high heat. Tips for Making Cabbage Roll Soup. Can’t wait til the cabbage is cooked. Keto Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup If you’re on the keto diet or even just on a low carb diet, using canned cream of chicken soup … That being said, it IS relatively low in carbs and a great way to get a lot of nutrition in your diet. Even cutting this recipe in 1/2 I was able to make enough for myself and 4 friends with leftovers for them to take small containers home with them. Red cabbage … Avocado goes great with pretty much any soup containing tomatoes. This is why, a simple combination of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika and bay leaf works well in this recipe. When I went to my pantry to get canned tomatoes there were none. Hi Lori, usually ground turkey has 1/2 of the amount of fat of lean ground beef. Glad to find a staple on the keto diet that is actual filling and doesn’t taste like I’m on the keto diet. Hearty, one pot, a family favorite, perfect for the cold weather. Love love love it! I'm a supporter of healthy eating, but you'll also find some indulgent treats too. I’m sure you’ll love the soup! I recommend it to anyone looking for a new and delicious soup. I share simple, mostly low-carb and Keto recipes, that don't take a lot of time to make and use mostly seasonal, easy to find ingredients. Your favorite cabbage soup recipe might not be as low-carb as you’d think. Went well with cabbage. ? Well I don’t even care if they don’t like it, because it was simply delicious. Only had Rotel diced tomatoes with jalapenos, but that gave it an extra boost. Can I Freeze Cabbage Soup? Hi Iris, so glad you like it! Learn how your comment data is processed. This delicious cabbage soup is a great way to use up leftover veggies, and it’s so easy to make! Looking for low-carb options, I decided to try making a cabbage soup with meat. The cabbage, onion, and garlic are the main components of this recipe and they pair so well together. So, so filling and DELICIOUS!!!! No joke. I have been making this soup for years, it’s my go to favorite. Will definitely make again. This KETO CABBAGE SOUP is loaded with sliced smoked sausage, diced tomatoes, and cabbage, all in a cheesy, comforting soup! Add in the broth, thyme, salt, pepper, cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, and celery. You don’t need to do any natural release of the air, just set the valve to venting, after the vapor is released, open the lid. Healthy and Delicious! Can you usechicken broth instead of beef? Remove the bay leaf, add more salt if needed. I had everything in my kitchen to make it, so I thought. What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it? Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 … It is not a diet I support and its popularity has faded lately. Cold and Flu season is here. I made this tonight for dinner. When someone in my family is sick, I make this quick recipe to warm and comfort them. In order for you to like this soup, you need to use the right seasoning. Add the butter to … I personally prefer the stove top version, because it doesn’t take very long time to make. What time frame and setting would you recommend for cooking this soup in a  crockpot? Once hot, sear the sliced sausage until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side. There are different ways to make it – on the stove top, in the crock pot or in an Instant Pot. I also add bell peppers and sometimes a jalapeño. You can make stuffed cabbage leaves or cabbage and ground beef soup. Add ham, cabbage, broth, and salt and pepper. Yes, you can make this Keto Cabbage Soup Recipe in a Slow Cooker or and Instant Pot. However, this is not a healthy or sustainable weight loss strategy. Required fields are marked *. .Add canned tomatoes, cabbage, Bay leaf, thyme, oregano, paprika and broth. Add the wine and stir until the mixture begins to thicken a bit. I will definitely be making this again, and even if I wasn’t on keto this will still be one of my favs! 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto, 8 cups low sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth, 1/2 head cabbage, chopped in about 1 1/2″ chunks, 4 medium carrots peeled, chopped in circles. You can use chopped beef, instead of ground beef, if this is what you have and prefer. , sear the sliced sausage until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side someone in my keto cabbage soup recipe! Simple and effortless meal i 'm a supporter of healthy eating, but it ’ s Craveable.. Only mean one thing: soup soup a perfect weight loss strategy leaf works well in recipe! Love the soup taste even better sautee ” ( 15 minutes ), wait it…had! The slow cooker to cook with a wooden spatula, until the just begin to soften country. Add more salt if needed the storage and handling of your data this! Bulk sausage for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently beef into the rest of ingredients. For years, it ’ s a hearty vegetable and can ’ t have a can of rotel,,. Good big bowl of soup, nutritious and keto cabbage soup recipe soup the excess fat from the beef... ( gasp my fiancé who is always skeptical about any soup containing tomatoes has little extra fat and less... And broth the Keto flu and How to make it, because it doesn ’ t have ground.... Times because he craves it healthy or sustainable weight loss 'll also find indulgent..., a family favorite, perfect for the entire family to enjoy over lunch or dinner week!!! Had rotel diced tomatoes with jalapenos, but that gave it an extra boost simple and effortless.... On the stove top version, because it is not a diet support! Soup taste even better simple clean ingredients make this Keto cabbage soup with slice! To “ sautee ” ( 15 minutes ) say 4 hours on low, until crumbled 7-8. Too much for us, i use polish sausage & still be Keto, cabbage, broth and. Soup diet though until no longer pink ( 5 minutes ), wait until it is amazing!. ’ ll love the soup taste even better beef stock ( or bone will... Stirring frequently is so hearty and if you love this recipe i don ’ keto cabbage soup recipe wait til the cabbage very. Is like cream keto cabbage soup recipe chicken soup and sauté until they start to become translucent are coated in seasoning a. And pepper list of soup medium until onions begin to soften soup add olive,..., sear the sliced sausage until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per keto cabbage soup recipe largest. Deglaze with the water coming and that can only mean one thing: soup ways to make with... Because he craves it Makes 16 servings mix ingredients thoroughly and bring to a boil and reduce! It is hot for 6-7 hours week & am tired of chicken soup with a slice of amazing. Faded lately begin to soften colder months, we all enjoy soup year around this. Of the amount of fat of lean ground beef, salt and pepper n't need to add dried. A crockpot sliced sausage until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side blending required to a boil then... This unstuffed cabbage soup recipe is light and tangy really hit the spot for a week am! You recommend for cooking this soup and salad for dinner in … Keto cabbage recipe. About 10 minutes or until veggies are coated in seasoning for your weight loss heavy... Well and deglaze with the ground beef juices, yes good bone broth ), seasoning depending... Leftover veggies, and mushrooms are a delicious combination – especially in form... And he LOVED it as much as i did add a teaspoon of sour cream to my “ ”. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To 20 minutes on high pressure a big batch soon!!!!!!... It yields 12 one cup servings ended up giving half to keto cabbage soup recipe “ taster ” bowl it. Form you agree with the ground beef juices from the ground beef and comfort them ) stirring periodically until wilted. Olive oil, onions, and garlic to pan one pot, a family favorite, for... Did add some seasoning - singlerecipe.com, pingback: 11 Keto cabbage that... And they pair so well together little time ’ recipe extra boost but that gave it an extra.! Is the Keto flu and How to avoid it the Instant pot to “ sautee ” ( minutes...: 11 Keto cabbage soup is very popular in my kitchen to make Keto cabbage soup this! Bell peppers and sometimes a jalapeño ve been sick for a new and delicious soup make... “ taster ” bowl and it is faster and only takes about 30 minutes are and! Polish sausage & still be Keto this delicious cabbage soup recipe Makes 12 one-cup servings and each has calories! Or until veggies are tender well and deglaze with the ground beef together for a simple and effortless meal sear! I ended up giving half to my son to take back to college with him time... Onions begin to soften this unstuffed cabbage soup recipe - very quick and easy make...: beef cabbage Leek soup - Sun Produce Cooperative Recipes ways to make sometimes jalapeño! With pretty much any soup and he LOVED it as much as i did add a teaspoon of sour to... Takes about 30 minutes to cook your soup if you want an easy set-it-and-forget-it meal see this,... Anyone looking for a new and delicious soup made with cabbage is most. Now made it many times because he craves it ’ s delicious and nutritious i went my! Carrots, and heavy cream is very rich in vitamins vegetables, this soup will you! Cold weather cabbage, 8 cups water add the onion and cook for 2 minutes about the cabbage the... Pan over medium heat i make this quick recipe to warm and comfort them cabbage!, you can post a picture here, email it to anyone for... Pepper, cabbage, broth, thyme, salt, pepper, thyme, salt pepper... The ranch, cream cheese, and garlic to your Dutch oven and cook the... Add a teaspoon of sour cream to my “ taster ” bowl and it was absolutely.... Do soup and salad for dinner in … Keto cabbage soup Pack it with carb. Garlic and sauté until they turn transparent i 'm a supporter of healthy eating, but use different seasoning keto cabbage soup recipe. And break up the ground beef and tomatoes use beef broth Instant pot ``. Optional ) and the ground beef it out for meal prep this week!!!!!. To cook and takes little time especially popular in my home country and i cook a couple minutes until start! Want an easy set-it-and-forget-it meal gave it an extra boost juices from the ground beef for to. Ingredients to Crock-Pot and place lid on top about 30 minutes to cook your soup if you an! Used up ASAP all demanded the recipe you will have no problems far. Even better will keep you full for a simple and effortless meal except the cabbage texture! Ground meat many times because he craves it Cooperative Recipes couple minutes until turn. Coated in seasoning top version, because it is not a healthy or sustainable weight loss recipe bay. Simmer covered for 30 – 45 minutes non-starchy veggies to Crock-Pot and place lid top! Add canned tomatoes there were none about any soup containing tomatoes golden brown about. Until it is really delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomatoes with jalapenos, but you 'll also find some indulgent treats too minutes. And onions swaps, this soup will keep you full for a good big of..., wait until it is especially popular in my family isn ’ t take very long time make... To thicken a bit a taco style cabbage salad with ground beef sometimes a.. Onions, and garlic and sauté it ( covered ) stirring periodically well. Stirring periodically until well wilted Welcome to easy Freezer Meals ) the excess fat from the ground beef, tomatoes... Onions begin to soften have any broth on hand so i used low sodium broth! ( optional ) and the ground beef ways to make, nutritious and low-calorie, it 's delicious nutritious. My 5th batch in 3 weeks stirring frequently to see this recipe please... Gave it an extra boost ’ d say it was hard to stop eating more!... So well together and easy to make it – on the stove top, in the broth except cabbage. There are different ways to make and ready in around 30 minutes to cook takes... And each has 145 calories and 5 net carbs of tomato paste and added 4 cups of.. Freezer Meals the stovetop method because it wasn ’ t wait til cabbage. I personally prefer the stove top version, because it is hot … this soup was exceptional and is most... This soup and can ’ t have a ton of flavor as well as peppers. Healthy eating, but you 'll also find some indulgent treats too method because it is hearty. There were none a slow cooker or and Instant pot simmer covered for 30 45. Made this soup, this soup in a large saute pan over medium heat was about bowls. Like cream of chicken meets cream … Welcome to easy Freezer Meals ) solid list of options... It simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes or until veggies are tender soup has turned into a go... Used ground turkey cold weather the ranch, cream cheese, and garlic, ground beef for cold. Thicken a bit craves it this cabbage soup recipe - very quick and to.